The geometry seminar is held roughly every two weeks in term time. We invite speakers with a broad range of expertise, from all areas of differential geometry, algebraic geometry and geometric analysis. If you would like to suggest a speaker, give a talk yourself, or want any further information about the seminar then contact any of the professors in the geometry group.
The schedule for the current term is below. (When a title is a link, clicking it will take you to the abstract.)
You can find a list of the previous talks here.
- 10/10/17. 14h00-15h00, Salle de Profs, 9th floor, building NO.
Ryosuke Takahashi (Tohoku, Japan)
Title to be confirmed
- 19/09/17. 13h30-14h30, Salle de Profs, 9th floor, building NO.
Hsuan-Yi Liao (Penn State)
Formality theorem for Lie pairs
Latest news for the geometry seminar
- Husuan-Yi Liao to give the geometry seminar, 19 September - The first geometry seminar of term will be given by Husuan-Yi Liao (Penn State). The talk will take place at 1.30pm on 19th September, in the Salle de Profs (9th floor of building NO). His title is “Formality theorem for Lie pairs” and his abstract is below.
- Sonja Hohloch to speak in geometry seminar 30th May - The next geometry seminar will be given by Sonja Hohloch (Antwerp). The talk will take place at 1.30pm on 30th May, in the Salle de Profs on the 9th floor of building NO. Sonja’s title is “Hyperkähler Floer homology” and her abstract is below.
- Ben Sibley to speak in the geometry seminar on 20th June - Ben Sibley, now at the Simons Center in Stony Brook, New York but formerly of this parish, will speak in the geometry seminar on 20th June, at 1.30pm. Ben’s title is “A complex analytic structure on the compactification of the moduli space of Hermitian-Yang-Mills connections on a projective manifold”. The talk will take place in […]
- Giovanni Mascellani to speak in geometry seminar 23/05/17 - The next geometry seminar will be given by Giovanni Mascellani (Pisa) on 23 May, at 1.30pm, in the Salle des Profs. Giovanni will be joining us as a postdoc this September, so this is a good chance to meet him. His title is “Fourth-order geometric flows on manifolds with boundary” and his abstract is below.
- Ralph Klaasse to speak in the geometry seminar on 2 May 2017 - Ralph Klaasse will speak in the geometry seminar on 2 May. His title is “Constructing A-symplectic structures”. The talk will take place at 1.30pm in the Salle de Profs (9th floor of building NO). His abstract is below. Ralph will be joining the department in September, so this is a great opportunity to meet a […]