Day-long geometry seminars with three talks on a common theme
Queen Mary, University of London, 31st May 2017
The talks will take place at the Queen Mary, University of London. They will be held in PP1 in The People's Palace Building. Coffee breaks and lunch will take place in room LG01, in the same building next door to PP1. Lunch will be provided to all registered participants. Registration is free, but necessary so we know how many people to cater for. Please register here by 24th May. Directions to the talks can be found here.
11.30 Paul Feehan
2.00 Gerhard Huisken
3.30 Peter Topping
Paul Feehan. Lojasiewicz inequalities for Yang-Mills and harmonic map energy functions.
Gerhard Huisken. Mean curvature flow in asymptotically flat 3-manifolds and its applications.
Peter Topping. Mollification via Ricci flow.
Getting to QMUL
The talks will take place in PP1 in The People's Palace Building. Coffee and lunch will also be served in the People's Palace Building, room LG01, between the talks. The People's Palace Building is building number 16 on this map of the campus. The nearest tube stations are Stepney Green and Mile End. These stations and the QMUL campus can be found on this map.
Click on the seminar names to see the speakers, titles and abstracts.
- Mélanie Bertelson (Université libre de Bruxelles)
- Simone Gutt (Université libre de Bruxelles)
- Mark Haskins (Imperial College, London)
- Reto Müller (Queen Mary's College, London)
- Dmitri Panov (King's College, London)
- Felix Schulze (University College, London)
- Michael Singer (University College, London)
- Guiseppe Tinaglia (King's College, London)