Liviu Ornea will speak in the geometry seminar, which will be held exceptionally on Wednesday 27 January at 10am in the Salle de Profs, 9th floor of building NO. His title is “Recent results in locally conformally symplectic geometry”, and his abstract follows. [Read more…]
Claude Viterbo is advertising a postdoctoral position. His message follows.
I wanted to inform you that a postdoctroal position is open in either Grenoble, Lyon or Paris for candidates interested in interactions between microlocal sheaf theory and symplectic geometry/topology
Details are available on the MathJobs website.
Éveline Legendre (of the Université de Toulouse) will speak at the geometry seminar on 26th January 2016. Her title is “The Hilbert-Einstein functional and the Sasaki-Futaki invariant”. Her abstract is below. The talk will take place at 2pm, in the Salle des Profs, 9th floor of building NO. [Read more…]
The department of mathematics at the ULB has decided to relaunch the colloquium. The goal is to have talks aimed at a broad audience (all members of the department, including PhD and masters students in all fields). The organisers are Antoine Gloria and Joel Fine.
The talks will be held once a month, always on a Friday from 4:30-5-30. The following speakers (including two Fields Medalists!) are already confirmed.
- 15 January, Albert Cohen (approximation)
- 12 February, Gerd Faltings (arithmetic geometry)
- 25 March, speaker to be confirmed
- 22 April, Jean-Pierre Bourguignon (differential geometry)
- 27 May, Martin Hairer (probability)
- 14 October, George Papanicolaou (applied analysis)
- November, Tadashi Tokieda (differential geometry)
- December, speaker to be confirmed