Besides our research seminars, we also organise a reading seminar. Sometimes we have a theme, in which we attempt to understand an important theory. Alternatively, people students present papers they have read, in an informal atmosphere. The goal is to broaden everyone’s expertise, and to make it easier to stay on top of recent developments in a range of subjects.
The schedule for this term is below; when a title is a link clicking it will take you to an abstract. The list of previous reading seminars is also available.
Seiberg-Witten equations and J-holomorphic curves
The reading seminar this term will study the Seiberg-Witten equations on 4-manifolds and their application to symplectic topology via J-holomorphic curves. The ultimate goal is to understand Taubes’s work on the equivalence between Seiberg-Witten invariants and Gromov-Witten invariants for symplectic 4-manifolds.
12/10/17 10:30-12:30 Salle des Profs.
Seiberg-Witten reading seminar 2.
03/10/17 10:30-12:30 Salle des Profs.
Seiberg-Witten reading seminar 1.
Latest news for the reading seminar
- Microlocal sheaf theory and symplectic topology IV, 6th December - The next talk in the reading seminar on microlocal sheaf theory and symplectic geometry will take place on 6th December at 9h30, in the Salle de Profs. The speaker will be Roman, who will continue his introduction to sheaves.
- Microlocal sheaves and symplecitc topology 3 - The next reading seminar in our series on Microlocal sheaves and symplectic topology will take place on Tuesday November 29th, from 9h30 to around 10h30. The talk will take place in the Salle de Profs, on the 9th floor of building NO. The speaker is Roman Golovko, who will talk on “An introduction to sheaves”. […]
- Next talk in the sheaves and symplectic topology reading seminar - Next Tuesday (November 15) there will be a Reading seminar at 9:30 (from 9:30 to 10:30 or 10:45). The topic of the seminar is Microlocal theory of sheaves and symplectic topology. You can find out more about the over all theme of the reading seminar as well as several references on the main reading seminar […]
- Reading group on microlocal sheaves in symplectic geometry – first talk Tuesday 25 October - We begin a new reading group this term, on microlocal sheaves in symplectic geometry. The first talk will be given on Tuesday 25 October at 9:30 am. The room is not yet fixed, but we will meet in the differential geometry corridor shortly before. The speaker is Misha Verbitsky. His title is “Derived categories” and […]
- Patrick Weber informal seminar on complex and hypercomplex cohomologies, 4th October - The next informal seminar will be given by our own Patrick Weber. His title is “From complex to hypercomplex cohomologies”. The talk will take place at 2pm in the Salle de Profs (9th floor of building NO). The abstract is below.