Together with the geometry groups in London we organise a joint seminar which meets four or five times a year. Each event has three talks on the same day with a common theme. The location alternates between Brussels and London and the timing is such that people from the “other” city can make the trip in a single day.
The seminar has its own dedicated web-page where you can find more information. We will also post updates on the schedule here.
Latest news for the Brussels-London seminar
- Brussels-London XV on 21st September (8/29/2018) - The 15th edition of the Brussels-London seminar will take place on the 21st September at University College London. The theme is “Teichmüller theory and hyperbolic geometry”. The speakers are Marc Lackenby, Viveka Erlandsson and Jean-Marc Schlenker. More information can be found at the dedicated website for the BL geometry seminars.
- Brussels-London XIV on 27th June at the ULB (4/27/2018) - The next Brussels-London seminar will take place here at the ULB on 27th June. The theme is “Riemannian geometry”. So far we have one confirmed speaker: John Lott (Berkeley). The other speakers will be announced as soon as they are fixed.
- Brussels-London XIII: General Relativity (3/12/2018) - The thirteenth Brussels-London Geometry Seminar will take place on Tuesday 20th March, at University College London. The theme is General Relativity, and we will hear talks by Piotr Chrusciel, Carla Cederbaum and Mihalis Dafermos. The titles, abstracts and all other details are available on the seminar’s dedicated web page.
- Save the date: Brussels-London 11 will take place on 31st May (2/15/2017) - The 11th Brussels-London seminar will take place in London on 31st May. It will be our first event held at Queen Mary’s. The theme is “geometric flows”. More details, including speakers and timing, will be announced on the seminar’s dedicated webpage as well as here on this site.
- 9th Brussels-London seminar on 3rd November (9/12/2016) - The 9th Brussels-London seminar will take place on Thursday 3rd November. The venue is University College London and the theme this time round is Gauge Theory. We have great line up of speakers: Roger Bielawski, Andriy Haydys and Peter Kronheimer. Details of the talks can be found on the seminar webpage. You can also register […]
- Brussels-London 8 to take place on 12th Jan (1/8/2016) - The 8th Brussels-London seminar takes place next Tuesday, 12th January. The theme is Lower bounds on Ricci curvature and we’re very fortunate to have a great line up of speakers: Fabio Cavelletti, Andrea Mondino and Theo Sturm. The event begins with lunch in the Salle de Profs, 9th floor of building NO, at 12. The […]
- Brussels-London 8 postponed until 12th January (11/30/2015) - Due to the recent security uncertainty in Brussels, it has been decided to postpone the 8th Brussels-London seminar, which was originally planned for the 1st December. The event will now happen on the 12th January. The theme and speakers remain unchanged: lower bounds on Ricci curvature, with talks by Andrea Mondino, Fabio Cavalletti and Theo […]
- Save the date: Brussels-London 8 will be held on 1 December (9/10/2015) - The 8th Brussels-London seminar will take place on 1st December, in Brussels. The theme is lower bounds on Ricci curvature and we already have two confirmed speakers: Andrea Mondino (ETH Zurich, Switzerland) and Fabio Cavalletti (Pavia, Italy). More details will be available soon, but in the meantime, please save the date!