Michel Cahen, professor of differential geometry at the ULB, turned 80 this year, and there will be a conference organised to celebrate his contributions both to mathematics in general and to mathematical life here in Brussels.
The speakers and organising committee are listed below. The conference will take place from 17th-19th September, with talks beginning at 1.30pm on Thursday 17th and ending at 1pm on Saturday 19th. Lunch is provided and a dinner will be organised for the Friday evening. If you would like to attend you should register in advance (no fee required) by email to Edwine Lukamba.
Mélanie Bertelson (ULB), Pierre Bieliavsky (UCL), Simone Gutt (ULB), Luc Lemaire (ULB), John Rawnsley (Univ. of Warwick), Daniel Sternheimer (U. Bourgogne), Stefan Waldmann (U. Würzburg).
- Didier Arnal (Université de Bourgogne, Dijon, France)
- Mélanie Bertelson (Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium)
- Pierre Bieliavsky (Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium)
- Frédéric Bourgeois (Université de Paris Sud, Orsay, France)
- Martin Bordemann (Université de Haute Alsace, Mulhouse, France)
- Joel Fine (Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium)
- Jean Gutt (University of Georgia, Athens, USA)
- Richard Kerner (Paris, France)
- Pierre Lecomte (Université de Liège, Belgium)
- Yoshiaki Maeda (Tohoku University, Japan)
- Lorenz Schwachhöfer (University of Dortmund, Germnay)
- Stefan Waldmann (University of Würzburg, Germany)