The department of mathematics at the ULB has decided to relaunch the colloquium. The goal is to have talks aimed at a broad audience (all members of the department, including PhD and masters students in all fields). The organisers are Antoine Gloria and Joel Fine.
The talks will be held once a month, always on a Friday from 4:30-5-30. The following speakers (including two Fields Medalists!) are already confirmed.
- 15 January, Albert Cohen (approximation)
- 12 February, Gerd Faltings (arithmetic geometry)
- 25 March, speaker to be confirmed
- 22 April, Jean-Pierre Bourguignon (differential geometry)
- 27 May, Martin Hairer (probability)
- 14 October, George Papanicolaou (applied analysis)
- November, Tadashi Tokieda (differential geometry)
- December, speaker to be confirmed